Founded in 1992 as a small enterprise, the company has since diversified its product range tenfold over the past decade with an annual production capacity of 3000 tons. G.O. Plastics CC sees itself as a major role player in slowing plastic waste in our environment through the uptake of recycled material in some of our lines. We pride ourselves in the fact that 40 percent of our production consists of high quality regrain material and the other 60 percent consists of virgin low- and high-density polyethylene. G.O. Plastics CC is a member of the Metal Industries Bargaining Council and are fully compliant with all the rules and regulations as stipulated by the Council. We have successfully maintained our YUM packaging facility audit since 2013.
We have remained successful by staying devoted to both our customers and suppliers, while providing the best quality products in the industry.
We take pride in our personalized and responsive services, and in our short lead times and fast delivery.
Our dedication to quality and manufacturing ensure that our customers receive the plastic packaging to meet their specifications.
We are BEE certified and are proud to be part of the “proudly South African” initiative. Our highly motivated production staff are all well trained and conforms to strict quality control and production measures as required by the members of G.O. Plastics CC. Together with our helpful admin and motivated sales team we supply our customers with an excellent product at a competitive price.
POLYETHYLENE PLASTIC (PE)
Polyethylene is the most common plastic in use today and is primarily used for packaging.
Polyethylene is an inexpensive, durable, lightweight, and water resistant plastic that can withstand extreme temperatures. These qualities make polyethylene the ideal material for industrial packaging supplies.
HIGH DENSITY POLYETHYLENE PLASTIC (HDPE)
High Density Polyethylene Plastic is non-porous and non-stretch. In its natural form it has a frosted appearance and makes a crackly/crinkly sound when crushed. It is stronger than LDPE but not as durable with regards to tear resistance. HDPE is mostly used for applications where a very thin cost effective bag is required.
LOW DENSITY POLYETHYLENE PLASTIC (LDPE)
Low Density Polyethylene is the most widely used material in plastic bags. LDPE is porous, strong, stretchable to a degree, it has a high tear resistance, has good clarity and is easy to print on. It is widely used in packaging applications for products that do not have sharp points.
LINEAR LOW DENSITY POLYETHYLENE PLASTIC (LLDPE)
Linear Low Density Polyethylene Plastic is a very stretchable, non-porous tear and puncture resistant material. It has good clarity and is commonly used for many packaging, liner and trash applications.
Metallocene is a very tough and extremely tear resistant additive to polyethylene. (Material that is manufactured using metallocene has a high clarity and exceptional strength).